In this version there are some fixes and a couple new features. I’ve been working a lot this summer so development has been slow. But now I should be able to maintain Imgdl more frequently as well as post some of the other projects I’ve been working on.
I’ve been toying with the idea of a donation button on Imgdl to raise money for a Macbook Pro. What do you guys think?
I code Imgdl on my laptop in a windows environment, so far the only MAC I have is the iMac which is based at my house. Now that I am home more I will continue development on the MAC and Linux versions. My goal is to also have a dual booting MacBook.
- The progress bar during downloads would sometimes not appear, this has been fixed.
- Program would throw an exception if there was no Internet connection. This has been fixed.
- Even with trying to bring form into view when out of bounds, some users still had issues with Imgdl still disappearing beyond the screen’s dimensions on multi-screen environments, an option to have Imgdl start center screen instead of remembering the position has been added. This also a feature with the new system tray icon, described below in new features.
- Performance fixes with memory.
- Added an option to not remember form position. This would allow Imgdl to always start in center screen (Primary monitor).
- Added the system ‘Recently Used List’ to the download path. This should make selecting folders easier when you change paths frequently. I was considering creating a ‘favorites’ option. This way you could pick as many favorite download locations and select them easily. *This feature is only active when the ‘path to save directory’ in options is blank*
- Added a system tray icon. The option to center to screen should help ‘find’ Imgdl if it is out of bounds. This should center the form to the current monitor it is on.
As always, leave a comment about what you think and if you have any requests. If reporting an issue or a bug, please also leave what version you are using.
You can download the new version here. Please upgrade from all earlier versions.